Ultimate SPM Control
R9plus BUILT for a PURPOSE: Your Research, Your Success When you are pioneering the frontiers of Nanoscience, you can count on RHK’s new R9plus SPM Controller to lead the way. Its remarkable advancements originate from direct user feedback, RHK’s Technical Advisory Board, and our own top scientists.
Explore with Confidence
With the plus Advantage, no Controller is better equipped or more capable to take on any research challenges you face.
History behind R9plus
RHK’s original R9 brought great new capabilities and fresh thinking to the SPM field worldwide. It even forced design re-thinking in our competitors’ systems. Although they tried to catch up, they couldn’t match up to R9. Meanwhile, our continuous improvement process evolved R9 well beyond our prior breakthroughs and achievements. With so many new capabilities and ever-improved, ever-expanding firmware, a new model emerged. This is R9plus. While we pledge our continued support for existing R9 units and customers, we proudly announce our new R9 successor: R9plus. With R9plus, RHK sets the standard as the Innovation Leader for SPM Control. Over 1,000 RHK original “Blue Box” Controllers were installed worldwide. Then we revolutionized the field with R9 integrated Controllers. More than 225 R9s are producing published results today. Now, RHK surpasses the market yet again with R9plus. Uniquely integrated into one box, R9plus unites near-limitless flexibility and power with thoughtfully designed single-click simplicity and rock-solid stability. R9plus’s refined and expanded firmware, software, and even further improved analog circuitry give you highest performance and confident command.
Only from RHK The Innovation Leader
2nd Generation Refined Electronics, even quieter and faster performance, and uniquely advanced plus-capabilities:
- Native 64-Bit Application for greater stability, higher speed operation, and unlimited data arrays for advanced spectroscopy measurements.
- Dual-Probe Scan Control with dual scan area windows: Enables 1 controller to operate 2 separate SPMs.
- New FPGA architecture for greatly enhanced configuration flexibility.
- Inventor SDK/IHDL: customize routines; exchange data via LabVIEW VIs, MATLAB, Python, etc.
- More data channels – now over 60 channels available for advanced measurements.
- Zoom FFT for thermal resonance peak detection.
- Data streaming rate 5x faster. High-Speed Scanning 5x faster.
- PerfectSpec™ : Fully customize spectroscopic measurement techniques. Optimize performance for any parameter, e.g., ultimate low noise or high data throughput.
- New Analog Circuitry with 4x lower noise.
- Real-time spectroscopy data slicing can slice through arrays of spectroscopy curves to generate current maps during acquisition.
- Improved Lock-In Amplifiers – now increased demodulation bandwidths up to 100 kHz.
- Non-integer powers of 2 for spec grid: acquire spectroscopic grids of any density, such as 100 x 50 points.
- Up to 6x Lock-In Amplifiers, 2x PLLs.
- Digital filter bandwidths increased to 0.01 Hz to 100 kHz. Bandwidths can be set to any arbitrary value.
- Lock-In Amplifiers and PLLs configurable to operate independently or in series.
- Non-square scans for scanning rectangular images in addition to square images.
- New KPFM with a click: multi-frequency measurements plus added feedback loop for measuring Contact Potential.
- Assignable Monitor DACs: DACs 1 – 4 can be linked to output data from any of the 60 internal signals to interface to external equipment.
- Up to 9 Feedback Loop controllers for multiple probes, KPFM, interferometers, etc.
- Independently assignable Low Voltage Scan DACs, now no longer tied to HV scan DACs.
- Multiple Feedback Loops can be connected in parallel or series.
- New Probe Drive Interface: programmable output voltage range allows optimal probe drive for resonators with Qs from 1 to 1,000,000.
- New, Improved Signal Control Module replaces IVP-R9. Programmable output voltage range provides lower noise for high-resolution spectroscopy without limiting total voltage output range.
|One Box Integration||PLL, LIA, HV Plus all AM and FM modes including multifrequency and multipass Patented Phase Sync|
|Multi-speed data path||A revolutionary way to have both high speed (100MHz @16bit) and high precision (25kHz @ 22bit) measurements with perfect synchronization|
|Probe Guard capabilities||Fast failsafe tip approach (5μs response) Lock Guard (5μs response) Transient Recorder (10ns response) Auto continue scan when back in range Time-Based Data Acquisition ensures all data is captured|
|Data recording/acquisition||Time-Based Data Acquisition Continuous real-time streaming of measurement data Bandwidth DC-17MHz @ 16bit|
|Data Guard||dataSAFE records all data in history files. Even in the event of power outage all data is saved and safe|
|Microscope Diagnostic Tools||Transient Recorder 100MHz acquisition 50MHz FFT Oscilloscope 4 channels @ 50kHz Data Logger continuously record data over long time periods|
|Fast tip approach||Fast failsafe tip approach (5μs response) Uniques AC capacitance approach reduced tip approach time to ~8 seconds even when 2-3mm away from surface|
|Spectroscopy capabilities||PerfectSpec and Time Based Data Acquisition guarantees nothing is discarded and no gaps in measurement cycle|
|LabView integration||Inventor SDK allows LabView communication with R9/R9plus|
|Easy Upgrade Path||User swappable board upgrade enables advanced firmware|
|Multifrequency Measurements||Up to 6 lock-ins or 2 PLLs and 4 Lock-ins|
|Advanced PLL Measurements||2 PLLs can be linked or completely independent|
|Ultra low noise HV outputs||Low frequency noise density of High Voltage outputs reduced from 165 (R9) to 42 (R9plus) μV/√Hz (typical)|
|Improved data transfer speed||Up to 5x faster scan speed|
|Optional HV amplifiers for up to 8 additional outputs||Control 2 separate scan systems from 1 IHDL file (Ex. Tube scanner plus Stage scanner)|
|Easy imaging mode switching||Change imaging modes without loading new IHDL file|
|Surpass 32-bit memory limits||True 64-bit software for collection and processing of larger data sets|
|Access all I/O signals||Configurable control and routing of 60+ I/O signals|